Do you enjoy a smooth ride when you are on the road? Does your vehicle handling make you feel like you are in control of your car and not the other way around? Is your steering accurate? You can thank your suspension and steering systems for that. The suspension system isn’t something that many of us think about until our ride is suddenly bumpy and the handling is less than ideal. If your suspension or steering system is lacking the comfort you used to enjoy John Ellis & Son in Sacramento CA can help. We have been delivering the best steering and suspension repair in Sacramento to drivers since 1927.
Steering and Suspension Maintenance Sacramento, CA
As with any system in your vehicle, an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. Just like your engine and transmission, your steering and suspension system require regular maintenance to keep you in control. Some of the maintenance tasks we recommend include:
- Inspection of your tires for abnormal or accelerated wear. If your tires aren’t wearing as they should, it could be a sign of suspension trouble.
- Check your tire pressure and maintain the optimal PSI for your vehicle.
- Get your shocks and struts inspected for issues such as leaks, cracks, or excessive wear.
Steering and Suspension Repair Sacramento, CA
It is always important to be mindful of how your vehicle is performing and that includes your steering and suspension. If your vehicle isn’t handling or driving the way that it once did, it could due to a failing suspension system. Some of the signs and symptoms of suspension trouble include:
- A bouncier ride than you once had is a sign of suspension trouble. Your suspension system is designed to absorb those bumps. If it seems like you can feel every little bump in the road, it is time to have your suspension checked.
- When you are driving you expect your vehicle to go where you are directing it. If your vehicle is pulling to the left or right, it is likely a suspension issue.
- It is a good rule of thumb that your vehicle shouldn’t make much noise. If you hear a clinking noise coming from the front tires, you need to bring your vehicle in for a suspension inspection.
- One way to know that your suspension is in trouble is literally right at your fingertips. If your steering wheel is shaking or vibrating, you need suspension service or repair.
Suspension Repair Near Me
If your steering and suspension system hasn’t been serviced in a while or if you are experiencing symptoms of suspension trouble, call John Ellis & Son to make an appointment today.